Category : Music
Photos by Donna Day.
First Thursday, December 7, 6-10pm. Free.
Join the resident artists of the TK Lofts in a holiday inspired International Celebration of Life as we mark the 13th year of our creative community! In addition to the street level commercial galleries and studios, resident artists on floors 3 through 6 of the building will open their loft spaces to public tours, and present new work in special exhibitions and performances.
Here is just a sampling of what’s in store:
Masquerade Party and Potluck on the Roof Deck
Make a mask, share good food, community and conversation with neighbors. Hosted by Beverly Aarons.
Butoh Dance Presentation
Artistic Director of the DAIPANbutoh Collective Sheri Brown with DAIPAN teachers team Joan Laage and Helen Thorsen will lead a three-part performance from 7:00 pm – 8:30pm. The performance is the culmination of the “Awakening the Fierce Heart of Butoh” 2017 Winter Butoh Class Series at the TK.
Exhibitions and Open Lofts
- Community Room art sale and exhibition featuring work by Keely Dolan, Sydney Pertl and Keven Furiya.
- Lynn Schirmer presents Secret Language, an installation and drawing exhibition in the Washington St. residential entrance gallery.
- Suzanne Morlock will open her studio to reveal static sculptural pieces for a collaborative performance this winter called Contagion. For this piece, Morlock is creating a series of textiles from what she calls the detritus of living with chronic illness. She says, “This work explores a slice of the world of dis-ease through the lens of the current volatile thinking about healthcare and the role of climate change in the heightened imbalance in nature”.
- Clothier and fashionista Karen Burell presents The Mercurial Concept, a selection of garments from 50 years of selling wearable art for those on the edge, curated by John Paul DeGennaro.
- Rosemary Dai Ross will host a mini art exhibition in honor of sharing for the holidays, plus new work and a staged photo booth. Rosemary is a nationally published fine art and portrait photographer who has captured notables such as President Obama, Madeline Albright, Brent Kutzle (One Republic), Dow Constantine, and more.
- The DeGennaro/Riutta family presents a group exhibition featuring Antony De Gennaro (photography & film) , John Paul DeGennaro (mixed media), Marie DeGennaro (original knits) , and Kelly Riutta (collage works).
- Other resident artists exhibiting in open lofts and common areas include: Crystal Fosnaugh, Donna Day, Noa Piper, Eli Lara, Carol Pettersen, Maurice Hall, Barry Connolly, Linda Wallace, and more.
First Thursday, October 6, 6-10pm
The residential floors of the TK Artist Lofts will be open to the public during our 12th annual Open House celebration. Tour individual artist live/work lofts featuring visual art exhibitions, performances, and music. Dozens of resident and guest artists will participate.
Food and beverages will be served.
The Seattle Art Fair takes place the first weekend in August, just a few blocks away at the Century Link Field Event Center. The fair will draw hundreds of curators, artists, collectors, and art fans from all over the world. Local artists are organizing dozens of Satellite events in the neighborhood and across the city.
TK Lofts events
August 4-7, 2016
The TK Hall Collective is holding special open hours during Seattle Art Fair, at 306 & 312 S Washington St.
Thursday, August 4, 5:00pm -10:00pm (also 1st Thursday Art Walk)
Friday, August 5, 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, August 6, 11:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday, August 7, 12:00pm – 6:00pm
K-Love 4 Art presents the Grand Opening of Equity Studio
Hosted by TK resident Carol Rashawnna Williams
Exhibit by Zorn B. Taylor
Music by Jars Rina and Searra Jade
115 Prefontaine Pl. S. Loft #302
Thursday, August 4, 6-10pm
Friday, August 5, 6-10pm
TK resident Suzanne Morlock presents a sound installation in the Washington St. residential entry way (right next door to 312 S. Washington St.).
Thursday, August 4, 6-9pm
115 Prefontaine Pl. S. Community Room & Lobby
First Thursday, December 3, 5-9pm
Vandenbrink Community Room & Residential Lobby
Join us in for a lively party to kick off the holiday season! Enjoy food, drink, live music, and an exhibition of artworks in a variety of styles and media.
Support local artists this season by giving the gift of original art. Loft residents are offering a number of pieces under $100. We also will be welcoming donations to the TKTA, which produces the annual Art of the City Street Fest. Credit cards accepted.
This event is free and open to the public.
Antony De Gennaro
More reasons to visit the TK on Dec. 3:
The UpBeat Salon
Loft #510, 4-7 pm
“The Winter Travelers” ~ A Butoh Performance
Loft #510, 7:30pm
Share this event on Facebook
We’re doing it again! Art of the City, the TK’s day-long, indoor & outdoor arts festival is scheduled for Saturday, August 1, 2015. This date coincides with the new Seattle Art Fair, taking place just a few blocks away.
Get involved! We’re seeking artists of all disciplines and genres, artisan and craft vendors, volunteers, and others to join us in making this a truly amazing event.
Deadline: May 5, 2015
See what we did last year: TK Art of the City
We had a spectacular event! Thank you to all our sponsors, volunteers, artist participants, and guests! Check out the photos on our Facebook page.
Saturday, August 2, 11AM – 9PM
It’s our 10th anniversary and we’re celebrating with an Art Street Fair. We’ll be closing down Prefontaine Pl. S. for a day long, indoor-outdoor festival featuring the work of TK tenants plus hundreds of artists from around the city.
Get all the details here:
October 3, 5:30 – 10pm
This is your once-a-year opportunity to tour the upstairs residential lofts at the big, beautiful TK, at the heart of the Pioneer Square artwalk. Join us for performances, open lofts, artists’ marketplace, music, Butoh, and live art!
Painting by Jay Mason, “Sunsets Over Fourth”, oil on canvas, 2013
Tashiro Kaplan Artist Lofts Open House
First Thursday, October 4, 2012, 5 – 10 PM
Performances begin at 8 PM
Want a glimpse inside an artist colony? Tour 4 floors of live-work artist loft spaces at the TK building during our annual Open House event.
Common areas and individual units will be filled with visual arts exhibits featuring work by dozens of resident artists and invited guests, including Deanne Belinoff, Celeste Cooning, Crystal Fosnaugh and Dame Builder, Lynn Schirmer, and more.
Resident performing artists, including The David Guilbault Band, Queen Shmooquan, The Shanghai Pearl, and others, will present music, comedy, burlesque, and impromptu happenings in our community room, and throughout the building. Doors open at 5PM, performances start at 8PM.
As seen in The Stranger…
Come celebrate with us, through spectacle, visual art, performances, and other surprises, the wonders of the winged wishbone.
Exhibit, Performances, & After Party
First Thursday, May 3, 2012
Exhibit Reception: 5-9pm
Performances & After Party: 8:30-11pm
Vandenbrink Community Room & Corridor Gallery
Tashiro Kaplan Artist Lofts
115 Prefontaine Pl. S.
Seattle, WA 98104
$5 suggested donation for After Party*